Pages

Thursday, June 28, 2012

forty

Today has been painfully long.  I want to write something but, as I am busy fighting the urge to rip my ear from my head, I can't come up with a thing to say.  Quite recently (as in right before I started writing this post) I found out that I actually have a reader!  It's someone I sent the link to, though, so I don't know if that counts as much as a random person would...  I think I'm rambling.  ANYWAY.  I feel like this exciting tidbit of information should cause some sort of literary awesomeness to start shooting from my fingertips, through the keyboard and into the Internet.  Based on this post, however, I'm thinking that I need to improve upon my awesomeness--or maybe I just need to lower my expectations of myself.  The latter seems easier, so I'll leave you with an easy, one pot,  "I don't want to cook because my ear is distracting me"* recipe.

*Ladies, feel free to use this mega-awesome excuse on your husbands next time you're feeling lazy.  You're welcome.

Pasta with Sausage, Peppers and Onions

1 lb penne or other small-ish pasta
1 lb spicy Italian sausage (I'm using turkey)
2 large sweet onions, halved, then sliced
1 green bell pepper, seeded and sliced
1 red bell pepper, seeded and sliced
3 cups tomato sauce (or 1 jar store bought)

Cook pasta to al dente according to package directions.  Drain.

Heat large pan over medium-high heat.  Remove sausage from casing, crumble and brown in heated pan.  Remove sausage to a paper towel lined plate and allow to drain. 

In the same pan, add onions and cook until slightly browned, about 5 minutes.  Add peppers and cook until softened but still slightly crunchy, 3-5 minutes. 

Stir in sausage and sauce, then simmer over low heat until sauce is warmed through. 

Stir in pasta and serve topped with Parmesan.

No comments:

Post a Comment